Friday, September 30, 2016

Return to Amed for Spearfishing - 9/24/2016

After two nights on Gili Air -- the "fast boat" took me back to Amed and my first-ever opportunity to personally watch and try spearfishing.  It was an amazing day of brotherhood with two Balinese brothers for which there are no adequate words to describe.  I watched in awe as these "Freediving" experts took 23 fish from crystal clear waters in three spots around the uninhabited Gili Selang island.  Photos will have to do for now -- but since I am writing this after a second experience, I will be posting underwater photos and videos in a subsequent posting.

After the celebrated catch (shown here on a video that I made as we walked back through the village from the boat) -- I was invited to a scrumptious dinner of the fish cooked several ways at the home of Made/his wife.  The photos capture it best:

Photo Album 9/24/2016: https://goo.gl/photos/ExAoExcbmPefAS6d8



No comments:

Post a Comment